Committees & Working Groups
Membership: Full Council
Terms of reference for the Finance and General Purposes Committee
The Committee is responsible for the Financial Administration of the Council including;
- Recommendations to Full Council the Annual Budget and Precept requirements;
- Monitoring all budgets on a quarterly basis, taking action where required to vire unspent provision to ensure that the overall budget strategy is maintained.
- Approval of expenditure as per the Financial regulations (4.1) making recommendations to full council on any items outside delegated powers.
- Dealing with matters specifically referred by Full Council or any other standing committee and with all matters not specifically referred or delegated to any other standing committee within the budget set by Full Council;
- Recommendations to Full Council in respect of community and other grants from the Town Council's revenue and capital funds;
- Review the fees and charges on an annual basis.
- Review rules and regulations on a regular basis relating to cemeteries, allotments, community buildings and other assets.
- Review lease, rental and other agreements in relation to council land and make recommendations to Full Council.
ions, companies and or similar bodies in the remit of the Committee within the budget set by Full Council.
Cllrs Derek Adams, Anne Clarke, Rowan Clarke, Paul Goodwin and Cathy Jeffery.
The Committee is responsible for the Personnel Administration of the Council including;
- Recommendations to Full Council on the appointment or nomination by the Council of persons to fill vacancies on outside bodies arising during the Council year.
- Recommendations to Full Council on the filling of vacancies occurring on any committee of the Council during the Council year.
- Dealing with all personnel matters relating to Town Council staff relying on, where appropriate, the Scheme of Conditions of Service of the National Joint Councils, the National Association of Local Councils and advice provided by the Councils HR specialists making recommendations to Full Council.
- Identify policies and actions to ensure safe working practices in the maintenance of Cemetery Grounds, parks and open spaces, allotments, council buildings and other assets.
- Identify activities to be undertaken by any officer, employee or contractor, who are engaged on work.
- To oversee the day-to-day management of the cemetery, parks and open spaces, allotments, council buildings and other assets and identify future usage of such assets as they become available.
Cllrs Derek Adams, Mandy Cresswell and Julie Rushby
The Committee is responsible for the Allotment Administration of the Council including;
- To consider plans for improvement work to Allotments.
- Monitor allotments and deal with any breaches of allotment rules.
- Make decisions on enforcement action for any breaches of allotment rules.
- Consider requests received from allotment holders.
- Make recommendations to the Finance Committee and full Council the budget for work required.
- Make recommendations to Council on allotment rules and regulations.
- Oversee the implementation of works including procurement and installation.
- Provide updates to Full Council.
Bainbridge Hall Committee
Cllrs Derek Adams, Cathy Jeffery, Mick Pearce and Julie Rushby
Events Advisory Group
Cllrs Anne Clarke, Rowan Clarke, Cathy Jeffery, Mick Pearce, Ashley Taylor and Janet Woodhead
The Advisory Group is responsible for Council events including;
- Makes recommendations to the F&GP Committee and Full Council the budget for events including the Artisan Markets, Remembrance Service, Christmas Festival and other events involving the Town Council
- Oversee expenditure within the budget set by Full Council and expenditure of external/partner funding and donations.
- Oversee the event programme, operational plans and risk assessments.
- Provide support at events.
- Provides updates and post-event evaluation to Full Council.
Bolsover In Bloom Advisory Group
Cllrs Anne Clarke, Rowan Clarke, Cathy Jeffery, Julie Rushby, Reg Tooth and Janet Woodhead
The Advisory Group is responsible for Bolsover in Bloom including;
- Makes recommendations to the Full Council for the planning and budget for Bolsover in Bloom.
- Oversee expenditure within the budget set by Full Council and expenditure of external/partner funding.
- Provide updates and annual evaluation to Full Council.
The Council also has representatives on the following outside bodies:
Bolsover Assembly Hall Trustees
District/Parish Liaison Group
Derbyshire County Council Parish and Town Council Liaison Forum
Bolsover Culture and Tourism Partnership
Friends of Bolsover Parks
Oxcroft Centre Management Committee
Bolsover Health & Wellbeing Action Group